BACK TO YOU: DON HURST
MHCA’s Excavation and Trenching course is designed for individuals planning, supervising or doing the work.
- November 28, 1 pm to 4:30 pm
- 3-1680 Ellice Ave – MHCA’s training room
Safety of the workforce is the primary goal.
It’s important to ensure your workers are protected while performing excavating and trenching work. Each year dozens of time-loss injuries and line strikes occur in Manitoba.
After completing the course, you should be able to know:
- hazards associated with trenching and excavating and how to control them by administrative, engineering or personal protective measures
- how to contact MB Hydro and other utility line owners for locates
- how to find applicable legislation regarding trenching and excavating
- what type of protective structure (shoring) will work to protect your workers
- how to determine if the excavation/trench is a confined space and what precautions to take
- how to recognize soil changes in trenches/excavation
To register for this course, please contact Kristen Ranson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-594-9056.