BACK TO YOU: DON HURST
WORKSAFELY®’s November 3rd COR® meeting was delivered both in-person and via videoconference, and covered the following updates:
- Rob Morrison recapped the Manitoba Common Ground Alliance work on accelerating locates and the progress seen in 2022.
- Andrew Dolhy from the Occupation Health Centre gave a brief presentation on ergonomics in the workplace focusing on slips, trips and falls
- Darren James from Workplace Safety and Health gave an update on focus-areas surrounding heavy construction, primarily excavation and trenches
- Arleen Kaur from SAFE Work Manitoba presented 2022 year-to-date statistics comparing them with previous years
- Don Hurst capped off the meeting summarizing WORKSAFELY®’s 2022 success and what’s to come, including:
- Procurement and Contractor Management element to be introduced in 2023
- Updated training programs at MHCA
Thank you for all who attended. For more information on topics discussed, please contact Sarah Craig at Sarah@mhca.mb.ca.