WORKSAFELY™ has recently been in contact with Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) regarding worksite inspections during the COVID-19 outbreak. WSH has indicated that in addition to regular checks for safety program requirements and hazard control measures, WSH inspectors will be looking for COVID-19 protocols and prevention measures not only during this time of isolation, but also when restrictions are eased.
In the last several weeks, WORKSAFELY™ has promoted the use of protocols and prevention measures. Recommended measures, which are consistent with direction from Manitoba Public Health, include but are not limited to:
- Procedures for screening workers
- Daily screening of workers,
health assessments, and implementation of COVID-19 prevention procedures which
- Keeping six feet (two metres) between all individuals
- Hand hygiene and washing facilities
- Maintaining daily records of assessments
- Following the regular safety program of the employer for all other hazards
- Requirements for wearing non-medical masks at work and in public
- Self-isolation in housing the employer provides (if necessary)
These protocols and prevention measures will prevent the spread of the virus in addition to meeting the current and future requirements of Workplace Safety and Health inspections. For a full list of resources click here to view the COVID-19 tab on our website.
Stay safe and healthy!