With the long weekend quickly approaching, vehicle traffic is anticipated to increase in and around construction zones. It’s important to be mindful about the hazards that may present themselves.
Although your workers are trained, it’s important to remind workers about safety protocol throughout the construction season.
Here are some points to focus on, with your workers:
- In road work, whenever possible face traffic as you work
- Always be aware of changing traffic conditions
- While working, be sure you’re not inadvertently moving closer to traffic
- Know where work vehicles and equipment are at all times
- Slow it down – staying focused on what you’re doing saves you from mistakes and accidents
- Review flagger safety procedures
For resources that help to keep your workers safe, please contact your regional advisor.