BACK TO YOU: DON HURST
WORKSAFELY®’s November 16th COR® meeting was delivered both in-person and via videoconference, which covered the following updates:
- Rob Morrison recapped the Manitoba Common Ground Alliance meetings with BellMTS, held weekly this past summer, in regards to assisting BellMTS with their locate backlog. He reported that the MCGA will continue to assist BellMTS throughout the winter to ensure adequate locator resources are available for the beginning of the 2022 construction season.
- Peter Malegus of SAFE Work Manitoba reported current industry injury trends remain low. Additionally, he spoke about SAFE Work Manitoba’s on-going prevention strategies, which include MSI prevention, occupational disease & illness prevention, psychological health & safety and young worker injury prevention.
- Don Hurst capped off the meeting by giving a summary of the WORKSAFELY® 2021 annual report and priorities for 2022, which include a focus on:
- sustained lower injury rates for the industry
- WORKSAFELY®’s one-on-one client contact
- enhancing training and other services through technology
- growing COR® program participation
- return-to-work training and disability management
Thank you to all who attended. For more information on topics discussed please contact Kristen Ranson at email@example.com.