BACK TO YOU: DON HURST
Even though Canada Day falls on a Thursday this year, we anticipate that vehicle traffic will increase in and around construction zones. We encourage you to be mindful of the hazards presented by vehicular traffic. As you work in construction, you know better than most that safety starts and ends with your decisions and your own conduct.
Although you have trained your employees for working in heavy construction, ensuring they are safe on the job, it’s important to remind workers about safety protocol throughout the construction season.
Here are some points to focus on, with your workers:
- In road work, whenever possible face traffic as you work
- Always be aware of changing traffic conditions
- While working, be sure you’re not inadvertently moving closer to traffic
- Know where work vehicles and equipment are at all times
- Slow it down – staying focused on what you’re doing saves you from mistakes and accidents
- Review flagger safety procedures
For resources that help you to keep your workers safe, please contact your WORKSAFELY™ advisor at 204-947-1379.