The end of the year is fast approaching and many of our COR™ companies have received their 15% prevention rebate on their WCB premiums, but there are some who have not that still qualify. We want to remind companies to be sure they provide key pieces of information to WCB in order to qualify for the 15% prevention rebate before the end of the year.
- Be in good standing with WORKSAFELY™ COR™ program for at least one year
- Maintain an active WCB account
- Be free of penalties or convictions under WCB and Workplace Safety and Health legislation for at least one year
- Be free of any investigations for violations under the WSH or WCB Act (the rebate will be held pending the outcome)
- Submit 2019 payroll and estimated hours of work to the WCB. It is important to emphasize that the reporting of the total hours worked is mandatory to qualify for the 15% prevention rebate.
In previous years the reporting of hours worked has been optional. Companies can indicate the total hours worked for all workers on their WCB annual payroll form. The annual payroll form can be completed online or in printed form here. Alternatively, companies can report it to:
SAFE Work Manitoba Email: firstname.lastname@example.org call: 204-957-SAFE (7233) in Winnipeg or 1-855-957-SAFE outside Winnipeg
WCB Assessments Email: email@example.com. Call: 204-954-4505 in Winnipeg or 1-855-954-4321 (ext. 4505) outside Winnipeg.