BACK TO YOU: DON HURST
With the construction industry preparing for the upcoming season, now might be a good time to review the effectiveness of your safety program.
Once you have your safety and health program established, documentation and record keeping become critical elements to ensuring the program’s effectiveness. Managing your program includes continually gathering evidence of your program and all its components.
You must be able to demonstrate how you are implementing your safety and health policies, procedures, practices, inspections, testing, training, etc.
Your documentation supplements and benefits your safety and health program by:
- Providing evidence of your proactive safety and health program and compliance with provincial safety and health legislation
- Assisting with continuous improvement
- Demonstrating your commitment to ongoing improvement
- Informing company management/ownership of safety performance
- Identifying trends in the safety and health program
For more information or resources for your safety program, please contact your regional safety advisor.