In 2018, the vast majority of our COR™ companies received the new 15% prevention rebate on their WCB premiums. This program returned over $1 million to the industry last year.
In preparation for 2019, companies will want to ensure they provide key pieces of information to WCB to qualify for the 15% rebate.
- Be in good standing with WORKSAFELY™ COR™ program for at least one year
- Maintain an active WCB account
- Be free of penalties or convictions under WCB and Workplace Safety and Health legislation for at least one year
- Be free of any investigations for violations under the WSH or WCB Act (the rebate will be held pending the outcome of such investigations)
- Submit 2018 payroll and estimated hours of work to the WCB
We want to stress that reporting of the total hours worked is a mandatoryrequirement for companies wishing to qualify for the prevention rebate. Prior to 2018 the reporting of hours worked was optional. Many of you may have been in contact with Delaney and our regional advisors, who are working with our companies to stay ahead of this process.
Companies can indicate the total hours worked for all workers on their WCB Annual Payroll Form. The Annual Payroll Form can be completed online or via paper. Alternatively, companies can report it to:
SAFE Work Manitoba
email email@example.com, call 204-957-SAFE (7233) in Winnipeg or 1-855-957-SAFE (7233) outside Winnipeg.
or WCB Assessments
email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 204-954-4505 in Winnipeg or 1-855-954-4321 (ext. 4505) outside Winnipeg.