While Manitoba continues to ease restrictions, we at MHCA™ WORKSAFELY™ continue to stress the importance of maintaining safety protocols put in place to protect workers in our industry from the spread of COVID-19. Companies in our industry must remain diligent in following safety and health protocols written specifically to deal with the risk of infection.
- Daily health assessments of employees
- Physical distancing (2 meters/6 feet)
- Encouraging frequent and effective hand washing
- Providing clean & sanitary handwashing and toilet facilities
- Cleaning and disinfecting common surfaces, such as tools and equipment
- Implementing alternative procedures, such as masks and eye protection, when physical distancing is not possible
- Effective training and communication of all policies
Continued implementation of these prevention measures is key to minimizing the risk of COVID-19 transmission on our job sites and so that our industry can continue our work providing critical services to Manitobans, as we help lead the recovery from the pandemic. Workplace Safety and Health is undertaking inspections of our worksites, as they have in others years. This year, WSH officers are tasked with ensuring workplaces follow proper COVID-19 prevention measures outlined by Manitoba Public Health. Given the visibility of our industry’s workplaces, taking precautionary steps – such as exercising proper physical distancing and providing sanitary hand-washing facilities – are essential to demonstrating leadership in preventing the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
WORKSAFELY™’s detailed list of COVID-19 prevention protocols for our industry are available on our website.
If you have questions, please contact WORKSAFELY™ Program Director Don Hurst (email@example.com or 204-291-4740), or your regional WORKSAFELY™ safety advisor for information on implementing COVID-19 prevention protocols in your workplace.