In 2019, qualifying COR™ companies will continue to receive the 15% prevention rebate on their WCB premiums. This program returned approximately $1.2 million to the heavy construction industry in 2018 and this year, looks to improve on that success.
Companies will want to ensure that they provide key pieces of information to WCB in order to qualify for the 15% prevention rebate.
To be eligible for the rebate companies must:
- Be in good standing with WORKSAFELY™ COR™ program for at least one year
- Maintain an active WCB account
- Be free of penalties or convictions under WCB and Workplace Safety and Health legislation for at least one year
- Be free of any investigations for violations under the WSH or WCB Act (the rebate will be held pending the outcome of such investigations)
- Submit 2018 payroll and estimated hours of work to the WCB
It is important to emphasize that the reporting of the total hours worked is a mandatory requirement for companies wishing to qualify for the rebate. In previous years the reporting of hours worked was optional.
Companies can indicate the total hours worked for all workers on their WCB Annual Payroll Form. The Annual Payroll Form can be completed online or through the paper form.
Alternatively, companies can report to:
- SAFE Work Manitoba at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 204-957-SAFE (7233) in Winnipeg, or 1-855-957-SAFE (7233) outside Winnipeg.
- WCB Assessments at email@example.com, or call 204-954-4505 in Winnipeg, or 1-855-954-4321 (ext. 4505) outside Winnipeg.