In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, MHCA WORKSAFELY® has prepared the following resources which provide information about COVID-19 and measures to protect people in our industry from the virus.
This information has been prepared through shared input with our colleagues at CSAM and other partners of the CFCSA and is guided by direction from provincial and federal public health agencies.
Vaccines, public health recommendations and back to work
August 5, 2021
MHCA would like to remind all members and COR® clients that with the easing of public health restrictions, there remains an obligation to protect your workers and clients from possible COVID-19 infection. Read more
The Manitoba Human Rights Commission has compiled guidelines regarding human rights and the use of COVID-19 vaccination policies, including in the workplace. Click here to read the guidelines.
The Manitoba government has introduced a new Manitoba Pandemic Sick Leave program that will provide employers with up to $600 per employee for up to five full days of COVID-19 related sick leave. Click here to read the full News Release.
Click here to view the powerpoint presentation.
For full details of this program please visit https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/programs/pandemic-sick-leave.html
Here is further information from the Government of Manitoba to help you implement safe work practices for COVID-19:
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Factsheet
- Workplace FAQ
- Social Distancing
- Managing Stress During COVID-19
- Right to Refuse Dangerous Work
- Manitoba COVID-19 screening tool
- The MHCA WORKSAFELY® program and the Construction Safety Association of Manitoba have secured assurance construction workers are exempted from Manitoba’s 14-day self-isolation order when traveling to and from another jurisdiction for construction work purposes. To read the rules when leaving and entering Manitoba for construction work, click here.
- COVID-19 Workplace Reporting Form