While Manitoba continues to ease restrictions, we at MHCA™ WORKSAFELY™ continue to stress the importance of maintaining safety protocols to protect workers from the spread of COVID-19. Companies in our industry must remain diligent in following safety and health protocols, written specifically for our industry.
- Daily health assessments of employees
- Physical distancing (2 meters/6 feet)
- Encouraging frequent and effective hand washing
- Providing sanitary handwashing and toilet facilities
- Cleaning and disinfecting common surfaces, such as tools and equipment
- Implementing alternative procedures, such as masks and eye protection, when physical distancing is not possible
- Effective training and communication of all policies
Continued implementation of these prevention measures is key to minimizing the risk of COVID-19 transmission on our job sites, so our industry can continue to provide critical services to Manitobans. Workplace Safety and Health is undertaking inspections of our worksites, as they have in others years. This year, WSH officers are tasked with ensuring workplaces follow proper COVID-19 prevention measures outlined by Manitoba Public Health. Given the visibility of our industry’s workplaces, taking precautionary steps — physical distancing; providing sanitary hand-washing facilities — is essential to demonstrating leadership in preventing the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
WORKSAFELY™’s detailed list of COVID-19 prevention protocols for our industry is available on our website:
If you have questions, please contact WORKSAFELY™ Program Director Don Hurst ([email protected] or 204-291-4740), or your regional WORKSAFELY™ safety advisor for information on implementing COVID-19 prevention protocols in your workplace.